A serial dental embezzler is someone with a previous history of stealing from one or more practices.
Serial embezzlers are like acute trauma for a dental practice.
Quick facts about Serial Embezzlers:
- they usually appear as polished, knowledgeable and “hire-able” during a job interview.
- they plan to steal from the practice the moment you hire them. (it’s not their first rodeo)
- they will ingratiate themselves into your life, for their own benefit.
- to conceal their crime, they will adulterate and destroy business records.
- serial embezzlers often try to compromise the employer’s ethics -> Read about Joe
- they steal with acute onset and larger dollar amounts.
- when they suspect that “you are on to them” – serial embezzlers will not show up to work or bolt out the door without any warning.
Here are a just a few of the serial embezzlers I’ve encountered:
- Irina Chernyahkovsky – nine different dental offices.
- Lesa George – at least two dental offices and multiple other businesses.
- Anndrea Jacobs – at least two dental offices.
- Xave Hunter – a mile long rap sheet with 8 mug shots
How to avoid hiring a serial embezzler in your dental practice.
It’s a Fact: every serial embezzler has a checkered past which forces them to lie and leave out information regarding their work history when applying for a job.
Accordingly, you can uncover a job applicant’s lies and omissions by conducting proper pre-employment reference checks.
I’ve put together a free checklist you can use to check a job applicant’s references and work history like a detective.
Just fill in the form below.